Please find some helpful Frequently Asked Questions that give you a quick solution to any queries or question you may have regarding our products.
Selecting the right packaging for the shipment of food requiring temperature control is a critical element in delivering fresh produce with your customers time and time again. Hydropac can help all its customers with a “bespoke service” supporting them in the choice of the optimum combination of products.
Hydropac will need to know information such as:
- Types of produce, i.e. meat, fish, cheese, etc.
- Weight/Dimensions of produce
- Shipment temperature required: ambient, chilled, or frozen.
- Shipment duration
- Existing packaging method<
- Customer information required on the outer carton
- Estimated unit volume per month
- Your projected monthly and/or annual demand
- Interest in “post-it” back recycling bags
What are the instructions for use?
How do I know how many Sheets/Mats to use per customer order?
Hydropac have designed a unique interactive piece of software that enables calculation of the optimum number, size and weight of Ice Sheets to be used inside our Insulated Boxes, when tailored to your exacting requirements.
By entering as many variables as possible, Hydropac can provide the customer with a complete picture of the temperature controlled packaging solution.
Please call for exact details on 01494 530182.
Guide Purposes Only – Insulated Shipping Systems and Ice Sheets
4-6 Kg Boxes require 2 – 4 x 500g Ice Sheets
6-10Kg Boxes require 4 – 6 x 500g Ice Sheets
10-15Kg Boxes require 6 x 500g Ice Sheets
20-25Kg Boxes require 6 – 8 x 500g Ice Sheets
At what temperature do the Sheets/Mats guarantee?
Ice Sheets must be frozen to -18ºc in order to deliver optimum cooling performance during shipment. They are then guaranteed to keep produce below +8ºc during shipment as long as the correct numbers of Ice Sheets are used per Kg weight of produce.
How long do the Ice Sheets stay at the required cooling temperature?
Ice Sheets should not be removed from the freezer until you are ready to pack and seal your produce in an Insulated Box. Hydropac then guarantee at least 24 hours cooling performance, but can offer bespoke products to achieve in excess of 48+ hours where required.
How can I maximise the effectiveness of each sheet/mat/box?
To maximise the effectiveness of each product, Hydropac recommends that its customers:
1. Keep products at the lowest temperature before packaging, recommended, just above zero.
2. Wrap products in an insulating material such as “bubble wrap” to prevent the Ice Sheets from freezing the produce.
3. Remove the Ice Sheets from the deep freeze (-18c) just before packing.
4. Place the Ice Sheets evenly across the top and bottom of the insulated box. If there is an odd number of Ice Sheets place the higher number at the bottom of the Insulated Box.
5. Add “dunnage” (e.g. bubble wrap, Void Fill) to prevent the products from moving around during transit. Do not use an excessively large box.
6. Once packed, ensure that the Insulated Box lid is fitted snugly and taped securely.
What materials are used in the manufacture of Hydropac products?
- The Foam Liners within the Insulated Shipping Systems are made of closed cell, non-cross linked polyethylene; a material that is fully recyclable through your normal household recycled collections; almost indestructible, waterproof, wipe clean and totally reusable.
- Hydropac’s Thermal Postal Pockets are made entirely of LDPE materials and can also be recycled through your normal household recycled collections.
- Hydropac’s Ice Packs are made entirely of LDPE material and is completely recyclable through your normal household recycled collections, but don’t forget to empty the contents down the drain or even water your plants with it – remember, our water is the purest there is, your plants will love it!
- Carry Home Bags – what can I say, also totally recyclable through your household recycled collections.
- Reflective Air Bags – Unfortunately, despite being made of totally of recyclable materials, the recycling centers in the UK are not quite ready to separate the materials for recycling, but due to the very low weight ratio compared to other systems, the effective disposal costs are minimal.
- The Polystyrene Systems (EPS) can be recycled at any one of the following recycling centers throughout the UK.
Which Hydropac’s products can be reused?
All of our systems are totally reusable, just wipe them clean and use them again. Even our Ice Packs can simply be re-frozen and reused.
How many times can the Insulated Boxes be reused?
All of our systems can be reused time and time again, provided the structure remains in tact, the thermal protection will remain as good as new.
If end-users are encouraged to recycle our systems up to 5 times, then our customers can save around 29% on their packaging costs – it means, of course, less business in the long term for Hydropac, but as part of its commitment to the environment, this is more than outweighed by creating valuable customer relationships.
Do you have another question?
Simply fill out the form below with your query and we will get back to you asap.
Freshpac Insulated Shipping SystemsFrom: £2.16 each
Freshpac Reflective Air BagFrom: £1.24 each
Freshpac Thermal Postal PocketsFrom: £1.20 each
Freshpac Polystyrene BoxesFrom: £1.03 each
Hydropac Gel Ice Packs (Courier Box)From: £0.18 each
Hydro-Freeze Ice Pack (Freezer Trays)From: £0.37 each