“Package Responsibly, Use Environmentally Cool Packaging”
Introducing Our Planet Friendly Temperature Controlled E-commerce Food Packaging, developed initially for the Food Industry.
So What Is So Great About EnviroCool™?
- It’s Food-Safe – Maintains the chilled cold Chain (+2- to +8) for a minimum 24hrs, tested using extreme temperature profiles of a constant 30 degrees celcius.
- It’s Organic – Paper, It is quite literally plant based, produced using trees controlled by the forestry stewardship council (FSC)
- It’s Biodegradable – Paper is a totally biodegradeable material, returning it to the ground from where it came and using unbleached fibres ensures the soil and water table remain unpolluted.
- It’s Compostable – Both natural kraft paper and recycled paper is compostable
- It’s Recyclable – Totally and utterley NO ambiguity or misunderstanding here, EnviroCool™ produced entirely from paper, is 100% recyclable with every council using kerbside collections.
- It’s Recycled – EnviroCool™ also contains up to 30% recycled content, the hexagonal core is made entirely from recycled paper, giving new purpose to old products
- It’s Courier Tough – We are still testing exactly how strong EnviroCool™ is, so watch out for a series of challenges putting EnviroCool™ to the test, but due to EnviroCool‘s incredible structural strength, receiving complaints from customers about courier damage should become a thing of the past… we have initially tested EnviroCool™ with 250kg of pressure and cannot destroy the box, bring on the careless Courier, The Force Is Strong with this one!
- It’s Vegan Kind – Absolutely no animal product is used in EnviroCool™, so use it conscience-free!
- It’s Moisture Resistant – By using a heavy grade virgin fibre paper on the outer layers, EnviroCool™ becomes protected with a natural moisture barrier/resistance, no need for wax or PE coatings to protect the integrity.
……Does your current packaging tick this many Boxes?
I’ve Seen Other Planet & Environmentally Friendly Products, So Why Is EnviroCool™ Really So Special?
Sure, there are a couple of products on the market ticking a few of the boxes, but I challenge you to find another system that ticks this many boxes COMBINED with this level of structural strength.
Most systems rely heavily on a thick outer wall box for the structual strength, but EnviroCool™ could easily be used with a very thin cheap outer box cutting costs further, other systems simply cannot compete!
EnviroCool™ also doesn’t use any plastic, man-made fibres, animal products, polystyrene or any other product David Attenborough would be ashamed of……it really could be the future for temperature controlled packaging.
So How Does EnviroCool™ Work?
Science thats how…
EnviroCool™ is an entirely paper-based panel which arrives flat packed, assembles in seconds and is a fully recyclable, fully biodegradable solution designed to meet the growing needs for sustainable packaging.
Through extensive in-house testing, we’ve concluded that the EnviroCool™ panels perform like an unventilated air gap. Air gaps are commonly implemented in the construction of buildings as a means of improving the overall insulation (U-Value) of homes and offices. Still or trapped air alone possesses exceptional insulative properties and boasts a k-value of 0.026 W/m.K (temperature dependent). A ‘K’ Value represents the thermal conductivity of a material, that is, how easily energy (Heat/Cold) passes across it, the lower the K value number the better the material. For reference, the K-values of EPS is 0.030 W/m.K, that makes EnviroCool™ quite a development in the world of stale ‘me-too’ packaging!
The design of EnviroCool™ panels consists of a paper-based hexagonal structure sandwiched between two heavy duty paper liners. The hexagonal structure creates a rigid barrier of still air and divides the panels into multiple sealed air convection pockets. Since the panel is predominantly air with a relatively small content of paper, the overall thermal conductivity (k-value) of EnviroCool™ is similar to that of still air. The smaller hexagonal sealed air pockets minimise energy transfer via convection due to the restricted air movement.
Isn’t Science Cool; No pun intended…
How Does EnviroCool™ Perform?
Unlike our competitors, Hydropac doesnt believe in quoting figures based on soft or easy temperature profiles, just to win new business, it will only result in an unhappy customer.
So, we use an extreme temperature profile set, to really show how our products perform in the most extreme circumstances.
So what does that mean?...
We all know that the temperatures do not stay constant throughout the day and night, they fluctuate and the industry calls this ‘Temperature Profiling’.
At Hydropac, we use a ‘temperature profile’ set to a constant temperature throughout the test, these are 30˚c for an extremely unlikely hot Summer’s day, 25˚c for a very good summer’s day, 20˚c for an average UK summer’s day and 10˚c for an average winter’s day (Nov to March).
So why do we do this?
Because when testing a new product for evaluating it’s potential, if the product can perform during these extreme tests, imagine what it could do if we introduce a soft fluctuating profile, makes sense right?…
So our test data (see Technical Data tab) will highlight the number of ice packs per box used for these extreme test profiles, but the reality is, you will use a lot less ice packs for a typical day and likely to use less still, once they are filled with your food type.
What Sizes Of EnviroCool™ Are Available?
EnviroCool™ will initially be available in just three of our standard box sizes:
Box Sizes: In millimeters
- Box 2 = Internal Food Space – 380(L) x 250(W) x 140(H) – 13.3 Ltr’s (MOQ = 225)
- Box 6 = Internal Food Space – 380(L) x 250(W) x 250(H) – 23.7 Ltr’s (MOQ = 195)
- Box 5 = Internal Food Space – 565(L) x 300(W) x 200(H) – 33.9 Ltr’s (MOQ = 140)
Bespoke Sizes can be produced for a Minimum production run of 5,000.
How Can I Dispose of EnviroCool™ Once I Am Finished With It?
There really is no ambiguity, no misunderstanding and no excuses….EnviroCool™ being 100% recyclable SHOULD go into the recycling bins and be recycled for re-use, there is not a single council in the UK that does not recycle paper, so no excuses!
But don’t panic, EnviroCool™ is also biodegradeable and compostable, so if it does accidentally go into your general waste bin; or worse still ends up on the ground, don’t worry too much, other than being a litter bug, your conscience should be clear.
But Why Throw Away EnviroCool™!
Below are just a few ideas for re-using EnviroCool™ based on it’s characteristics, but we’d love to hear from you and what you have re-used EnviroCool™ for and we’ll give it a special mention here too if it’s useful enough.
- Insulate your loft space – Cut to suit and place between your rafters.
- Use it again to send goodies through the post
- Burn it – Use as fire material and keep that log burner stoked with a natural material.
- Build your Children a play house or for yourself if you’re a big kid!
- Ooh, I know, Recycle it!….
Want To Send Frozen Products Too?
Watch this space, we are very busy building test data to show that EnviroCool™ can also be used to ship frozen food, when this is done, we will be sure to shout about it.
So after ready all of this, what’s not to love, buy online now for a minimum order of just 140 sets (1 Pallet).