Hydropac are delighted to finally be able to introduce to our customers, a product that we have been longing to reveal, but due to contractual obligations with a major client, have been unable to… until now.
What is a Reflective Air bag?…
They are a revolutionary water and leak resistant product to both the Food, Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Medical sectors, enabling suppliers, producers, co-packers and logistics companies alike, to send products via the postal/logistics networks in confidence.
The Reflective Air bags are provided in a single layer, heavy grade LDPE sealed bubble, sandwiched between a foil based laminate (Inside & Out), providing an extraordinary level of insulation through reflection (emissivity) and trapped air, at a comparatively low cost. In addition, both system have a Self Seal Adhesive closure strip to save unsightly and fiddly taping.
How do they Perform?…
The Reflective Air bags have been extensively tested to ensure they meet with current legislations, your logistical needs and maintaining the Chilled cold chain or Frozen cold chain over a minimum 24hr period.
Climate Chamber tests and customer own testing has proven, that the 3D System; using a summer temperature profile, performed to a minimum 48hrs between +2˚c to +8˚ and in addition to a minimum of 24hrs below -15˚c, making them perfect for the frozen cold chain.
So we urge you to test the bags for yourselves using your own product and hopefully you’ll be as amazed by the results, as we were.
So what are the 2D & 3D Variations?…
We offer this product as a 2D flat bag system in a single bubble and Single Foil laminate, which you simply spread out into the bottom of your box to form a gusseted bottom. This is available in just the one size (Large) as we have found this size to be the best fit into a variety of box sizes, saving you the need to stock lots of different sizes.
In addition, we have also introduced a first to the UK market, in a ready formed 3D box bottom system, using either a Single layer bubble and Double foil laminate (High Performing Double Bubble layer available upon special request), which have been developed and manufactured to fit snugly in to our own standard box sizes (Box 2, 3, 5 & 6) but of course, you may wish to have your own box size tailored for, which for a minimum commitment to 2,500 bags, we will make to order on a stock and serve basis. Both systems are provided with a self adhesive closure strip to seal the system.
Due to the sensitivities within cold chain distribution for Pharmaceutical and Biomedical shipments, we have decided to offer only the reassuring properties of the 3D systems for these sectors in the interest of our clients, your products and our reputation.
3D Reflective Air Bag:
Available as standard to fit 4 of our standard box sizes, Box 2,3,5 & 6. Although when Purchased as a System, we will upgrade to our new Double Strength White Corrugated Boxes.
The 3D bag system comes as Standard in a single layer Foil & Bubble combination, but for greater duration please speak to us about a bespoke Double layer format.
- Standard Double Layer Foil and Single Bubble Combination (+2˚c to +8˚) for a minimum 24hrs duration (Although customers have been reporting 55hrs+)
- Systems Now upgraded to include Double Strength White Corrugated Box, featuring Perishable Goods Kite Marks on one side.
- High Performance Double Layer (-15˚c) for a minimum 48hrs (+2˚c to +8˚) available on special request
- Bespoke sizes from as little as 2,500 Bags
Why throw the liner away after use! – You could simply wipe clean and re-use, or….
Inspired by intended market uses for the Material we use and our customers novel suggestions, just some of the ideas for re-use.
Actual uses/current market use..
- Used In the building industry for lofts and outhouses, as Insulating material stapled across beams
- Used as Underlay for hardwood flooring.
- Used as a Radiator reflector
- Used as Pipe lagging (Would you believe NASA use this material too)
- Used as a windscreen sun shield
- Lining in Hot food bags/Pizza Bags
- Used to line AKE containers/Cargo hold containers.
Customer inspired uses:
- Insulating Animal Hutches/Beds
- Wrap around plants to focus and intensify sunlight
- Dead wall of a greenhouse to distribute/reflect light
- Carpet underlay
- Improve your suntan
- Keeping food warm
- Lining Food Cupboards to keep heat and cold at bay.
- Wrapping paper, Wallpaper – you might think I am being silly, but it actually happened!