So What is HydroFreeze?
HydroFreeze™ is our newly developed gel formulation, designed to enable safer shipping of frozen goods.
HydroFreeze™ can maintain temperatures at -20°C for an extended period of time compared to conventional ice. It was developed with safety, quality, performance and cost in mind and consists of only food approved, natural ingredients, found in your everyday life!
HydroFreeze™ is mixed and encapsulated in our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire with the capacity to cater for all users looking for a safer and more economical solution to sending frozen goods.
Currently using Dry Ice?
Dry ice (solid CO2) is currently the most common consumable used for the shipping of frozen products; it maintains sub-zero temperatures through the process of sublimation (i.e. converting from a solid to a gas).
Dry ice is classified as a miscellaneous hazard (Class 9) during transportation by DOT and IATA.
Hazards associated with dry ice include risk of explosion and suffocation in an enclosed space, and risk of severe frostbite injury when handled. For these reasons, many carriers have now restricted or prohibited the distribution of parcels containing dry ice.
HydroFreeze™ eliminates these hazards and is a safer and competitive alternative – think of it as a regular ice pack… just a cooler version of it!
So What are the Benefits of Using HydroFreeze™
- Reduced expenditure – pay for only what you need. Dry ice naturally sublimates during storage therefore additional amounts will need be purchased to account for sublimation losses – HydroFreeze™ does not have this issue; any surplus HydroFreeze™ packs can be safely stored in your warehouse until next needed.
- Increased operational flexibility – dry ice must be used ASAP otherwise loss will occur through sublimation. HydroFreeze™ can work around your packing schedule – freeze and pack to suit your demands.
- Reduced admin – dangerous goods forms would be a thing of the past when you switch to HydroFreeze™.
- Increased courier choices – parcels containing HydroFreeze™ can be safely delivered by multiple carriers without the need for more expensive dangerous goods trained carriers.
- Increased safety – HydroFreeze™ eliminates many of the hazards associated with the handling and storage of dry ice meaning a safer environment for your employees and package handlers.
- Reusable! HydroFreeze™ gel can be re-frozen and reused with minimal impact of its effectiveness.
Recommended Pre-conditioning of HydroFreeze™
- HydroFreeze™ packs should be pre-conditioned in a sufficiently powerful freezer capable of maintaining temperatures below -25°C for optimal results.
- Recommended Freezing/Storage: –45°C for at least 24 hours or -35°C for at least 48 hours*
- IMPORTANT: Ensure HydroFreeze™ packs are fully solid before use; if packs are slushy, do not use – allow additional time in the freezer to harness the full power of HydroFreeze™!
* Freeze times largely dependant on the starting temperature of the HydroFreeze™ gel and also the quantity that is being frozen at that particular instance (i.e. pallet load will take considerably longer to fully prepare compared to a single pack). Ensure sufficient cold air circulation around the product for efficient freezing.
Safety and Disposal Instructions
- HydroFreeze™ is a non-toxic food approved gel formula, which is safe under normal use.
- Take necessary precautions when handling HydroFreeze™ packs straight from the freezer.
- Do not ingest. Avoid contact with eyes and skin.
- HydroFreeze™ can be safely disposed of down the sink and diluted with water.
- Emptied plastic pouches should be rinsed and recycled along with other plastics (#4) – check local recycling capabilities.
- Material safety datasheet
For more information
Call 01494 430182 or email us at email@example.com